Websites are the face of communication for business organizations in the online world. Many business organizations like online stores and location based services entirely rely on websites for their operations and can't afford to go down at any cost. Reliability of servers play a major role in the uptime of a website and budget plays an equally important role in terms of business operations. Balancing both these factors and giving equal importance to both is surely a tricky thing for small business owners. Virtual private servers (VPS) are a boon under such circumstances and this article sheds light on the operations and advantages of a virtual private server (VPS), functions of a website control panel or cPanel and tips one needs to follow while buying cPanel VPS licenses . Read on.
What is a VPS?
A VPS or a virtual private server is a type of server that is extensively preferred by small business owners who expect 100% uptime of their websites for a smaller budget. A VPS has many partitions that are exclusively assigned to a particular site as in the case of a dedicated server. Also, a VPS hosts multiple sites belonging to different owners on a single server, equally dividing its resources with all the sites. Thus, a VPS offers both the flexibility, affordability and share ability of a shared server and the reliability of a dedicated server. This feature of VPS makes it a favorite of many small business owners who have limited applications running on their websites and have seasonal requirements.
What is cPanel & cPanel VPS License?
cPanel is the world's most popular website control panel or site management panel that provides a wide range of tools, applications and graphical interfaces to control and manage the operations of a website. Located within the web host manager (WHM), a cPanel consists of many domains of which an addon domain is the most prominent one. Known as the cPanel addon domain, the domain hosts a number of small applications known as the cPanel addons that perform specific operations on the site. Both cPanel and cPanel addons are activated and authenticated using cPanel licenses and licenses that are optimized for a VPS are known as cPanel VPS licenses.
How to Buy cPanel VPS License
One needs to make a few technical, managerial and financial considerations before buying cPanel VPS licenses as mentioned below.
1. First and foremost, one needs to understand that cPanel licenses are server specific and hence to activate and authenticate applications on a VPS server, one needs to buy cPanel VPS licenses only.
2. cPanel VPS licenses cannot be used on the same grounds with a cPanel dedicated license as two licenses belonging to two different servers cannot be used on the same server.
3. cPanel VPS licenses are also specific about the type of OS running on the virtual private server and the type of the IP address used to host the site. Make sure the licenses you buy comply with the above mentioned technical standards.
4. Buy licenses that have a flexible validity period, ranging from 1 week to 1 year from authorized license vendors. This will especially help you if you run a small business site with seasonal requirements.
5. The cPanel VPS licenses mentioned above, the ones with flexible validity periods are also cheap, thus favoring your plans of minimal expenditure.
Source by Minerva Murzyn