Are your clients facing slowness in their Windows VPS?
Are you using HyperV Virtualization Technology for Windows VPS?
Is your Help Desk full of client's ticket with the same subject line of slowness?
– Then probably it is a problem of High Disk I / O in main node.
Poor server performance is normally come into picture due to the factors like …
– Over usage of RAM
– High Disk IO
– High CPU utilization
– High network utilization
– Low network connectivity etc …
Discovering a solution for poor performance is somewhat like carrying out scientific experiments. When you notice that the performance of a server is not like you have desired, the very first thought popped out of several possibilities should be the active threads of your server which are consuming high IO resources. Your thread setting will be acting as a key to normalize your server. For achieving a more satisfactory server performance as a result of several modifications to thread tuning, you might assume / hypothesize that the specific thread setting shows the best server performance.
How to identify & Solve the Problem of Low Performance of Server?
You can check for steps given below to identify the problem of slow performance of server due to high disk I / O:
- First login to HyperV node then open Task Manager, In Performance Tab Click on Resource Monitor.
- Click on Disk Tab under Disk Activity Check Whether Highest Active Time of Disk is between 95% to 100% then identify that process or VPS which is doing high Read and Write operation.
- If that process is '$ LogFile' then click on Start -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. In Event Viewer window Click on Windows Logs -> Security (from left Pane) and check whether any Event is continuously writing Logs then stop that process.
- If any Windows VPS is performing high Read / Write Operation then login to that VPS and check which process is responsible for the high usage of IO resources. If we found high usage of RAM and page.sys file's read / write operation is higher, then one should notify to that client to add more RAM in VPS. As we know that when RAM usage of any Windows based system will increase then it will use a small amount of HDD as a Virtual Memory and that will make high load on main server's HDD, and Disk IO of main server will be increased which will result in slow performance of each VPS of that HyperV node.
- If this doesn't bring your Disk IO under 95% then do the same with another VPS (Second Highest Read + Write Operation) and so on.
How to prevent this Problem?
- You can monitor Hard Disk and RAM usage of each VPS. If RAM or HDD usage is above 90% then you can notify your client to upgrade to the higher plan or purchase additional resources.
- You can stop automatic updates of each Application installed in Windows VPS.
- HyperV integration service must be updated in all VMs.
If you are looking for best hosting service with 99.9% guaranteed uptime then you can trust on AccuWebHosting. This organization is located in the USA and has been rated among the top 50 hosting companies by Alexa. This organization has been providing web hosting services to customers across the world for more than 9 years. For more information on web hosting packages visit http://www.accuwebhosting.com/
Source by Darshan A Mehta