Discover How To Chose a Web Hosting Company
If you will do a Google search using the term “web hosting company” and you will get nearly 62 million search results. In so many searches, the big problem is “How can you find which web hosting company fits your needs?” There are many different factors that may influence your choice – in this article we will discuss some of the most important things that you have to know when you are choosing a web hosting company.
1) First, you need to know exactly what are your needs, not only now but also what you might need in the future. So you can start to cut down the number of choices from the start, especially if you know that some of the advanced functions, can’t be offered by smaller companies.
2) The support, of web hosting companies provide is very important, especially for new or inexperienced users. Try to see how quickly a company responds to you via e-mail, at one of your question to them – if you will have an answer within 24 hours, then can be pretty sure that your questions are answered quickly. See if phone support is available to test it, and by the way, do not expect the phone support, to be free – some companies do charge for this, but if they have a phone support that you have to pay you can expect that their e- mail support is faster than the average, should be.
3) Do some research around the internet. There are many forums, blogs and message groups to discuss the web hosting. See what kind of reputation the company you are considering has among the users. However, remember that people complain more easily than they compliment – do not let a user to influence you that much, because a lot more people are writhing a bead comment if they are angry, not so many people are writhing a good comment about a web hosting company.
4) The operating system used by the hosting company, may matter to you. There are two possibilities, either Unix / Linux or Windows base servers. For some, both of the choice would be good, as the end result will be identical. However, if, for example, your database is using MS Access, then a Windows-based server, would be the better choice for you. Similarly, a database created with MySQL would be better hosted on a Linux server. The web host companies, with Linux servers are offering cheaper services than the companies that are offering services on Windows, because Linux is free.
5) Check what is the up-time ration of the servers, they usually express as a number. Caution – some companies claim that their availability, the time that the server is on, rather than the time that the server is actually connected to the Internet.
6) Take a close look at their website. See how they react – if the hosting company’s own website seems slow and sluggish, that nothing good for you. Look at the design and layout – it looks professional, or is it full of spelling mistakes, errors and dead links. If so, can show a lack of professionalism that can manage the entire enterprise.
Source by Alexandru Catalin Balaci
- what to look for in a web host
- questions about web hosting
- how to choose the right web server
- web hosting usa
- how do i choose a hosting plan
- best domain host
- how to choose a host for your blog