A systematic approach is required for designing a perfect website for SEO. There are a few points of significance from SEO perspective that has to be kept in mind before designing an SEO-friendly website.
An effective research for keywords has to be performed before designing a search-engine friendly website. There are several keyword research tools available. However Word Tracker is a popular keyword research tool that is capable of finding relevant databases that can gain the attention from the website visitors.
Strategic placement of the keywords
- Try placing the keywords in the URL and include dashes in between if multiple keywords have to be included within the URL.
- The headings on the top of the page as well as end of the page have to be made bolder for registering well with the search engines.
- The anchor text for describing the links, domain name, and title and Meta tags must also be embedded with the keywords.
- Ensure the content of the website are based on a theme that must include the keywords.
- Place the keywords as closely as possible at the same time ensuring the sentences are easily understandable.
- Maintain good keyword density throughout the article content.
Place Meta and Title tags
The Meta keyword, Meta description and title tags still play an important role in determining the web page rankings of your website in the search engines. The title tags must be placed on top of each of the web pages. The Meta descriptions must be also accurate.
Content has to be regularly updated
The content must be updated regularly for getting better visibility among the site visitors visiting for the keyword-related articles in the search engines.
Improve the length of the blog post
The word count of the content is extremely important in making the website SEO-friendlier. It is desirable to include content of atleast 250 words on each of the web pages to achieve better search engine rankings.
Use fewer images
More focus must be given in the size and placement of the images within the website. Other than the logo or specific symbol of the company or brand, the texts has to be kept away from the images.
Frames has to be avoided
Frames can prove to be useful in reducing the download times of the website by splitting a page in to several fragments. However preventing the search engines from searching web pages as well as difficulties caused in navigation are some of the drawbacks of using frames.
Most of the search engines rank websites based on the link popularity. Backlinks are links that are directed towards your website.
- Valuable incoming links can be generated by listing your websites in relevant portals and directories.
- Helpful and informative links are always favorable for search engine rankings.
The above mentioned tips have to be considered before designing a website for SEO.
Source by William Hills