'How to untag yourself from a photo on Facebook', is one question a lot of Facebook users have been asking. It could be annoying and at the same time embarrassing when you receive in your inbox, a Facebook notification message informing you that you have just been tagged in a photo by somebody. The most annoying part of it is when you are tagged in a photo you wouldn't naturally want to associate with for moral reasons.
How would you feel if you are a pastor for example and somebody tags you in a photo of a stark naked lady on Facebook? Or how about being tagged in a photo that has gamblers on it? I am sure you would quickly think of how to untag yourself from those photos to save yourself further embarrassment.
Some photos can actually deal a heavy blow on your reputation / image if you do not detect and untag yourself from them before they go viral. Your friends begin to ring you up asking you for explanations as to why you should be on such photos then you would know how much dent it would have created on your personality.
Untag yourself from a photo on Facebook
It is not a difficult task to untag yourself from a photo on Facebook. You only need to know the simple steps to take in order to deliver yourself. Just follow these steps:
- Login to your Facebook account
- Click on "Notifications" button located on the top left side of your page – the button looks like a sphere or globe.
- Click on notification containing the picture in which you were tagged, or click 'All Notifications' if you can't see it.
- Click on the photo and you are redirected to the photo page.
- Below the photo, click on 'Options', then on 'Report / Remove Tag' link. You are shown a pop up window asking "What would you like to happen?" You have two options to choose from: 1. 'I want to untag myself', and 2. 'I want this photo removed from Facebook'. Choose whatever option is best for you and click the 'Continue' button. You are removed from the picture. After that you get another pop window with the message "Your tag has been removed." "You are no longer tagged in this photo." "Remember: This photo still appears in news feed, search and other places on Facebook." Click on "OK" button and that is all. You can now see that to untag yourself from a photo on Facebook is not as difficult as you have thought.
Source by Joseph Ezie Efoghor