In recent years our dependency on the internet has increased ten folds. With internet as a platform, advertising and marketing has also increased exponentially. People nowadays use search engines for the minutest of suggestions and to find multiple options. This gives businesses a platform to advertise and come before the general public and grow their clientele. According to surveys websites that turn up as the top five search results see a lot more traffic than the ones that appear later. This is where SEO services are needed.
How do I find an SEO consultation services?
- Tap your professional network and ask for recommendations. Your network is your inner circle of trust. Look for at least a couple of recommendations for SEO consultants that other marketing professionals (or business owners) in your network have worked with (and achieved good results). Start with your social media network, especially LinkedIn, and Twitter. I suggest a combination of asking for recommendations via both public status updates and writing private messages to the people in your network who have likely worked with an SEO consultant.
- Look for lists of the top-rated SEO consultants. There are sites like Credo.com, Upcity.com, Thumbtack, Cluctch.co and others that can help you find reputable SEO consultants in a particular area or niche.
- Read the reviews of the top SEO consultants on 3rd party sites. For example, Kern Media is listed on Thumbtack, and marketing executives or business owners can read reviews from my clients. Investigate the types of clients that particular SEO consultants have worked with, the type of work that was done, and the results achieved.
- Go to local MeetUps and networking events to meet SEO consultants in your area. Having face-to-face time with potential SEO consultants can go a long way toward identifying the type of person that will be a good fit for you, your team, and your company’s goals.
- Review SEO Blogs to find consultants that speak your language. You likely have a sense what you’re looking for (although maybe not fully defined), and reading what professional SEO consultants blog about can help you find a good match based on the type of work that you want to be done. Browse AllTop to scan a large list of recent SEO blog post headlines and identify blog post topics that relate to the type of work that you want to be done.
Note: Notice that I don’t include “Do a Google search” as a specific recommendation. This is because a high Google ranking doesn’t always equate to a quality SEO consultant. A surprising amount of quality SEO consultants don’t rank #1 for their target keyword phrases, as they are busy with their clients’ SEO campaigns. You surely will find some excellent SEO consultants ranking highly, however, this should not be one of your top criteria.
What Does an SEO consultation services Do?
An SEO Consultant does a lot more than you might be aware of. The following list offers a glimpse at what a good SEO consultant does.
- An SEO consultant should audit your website and provide optimization recommendations. There’s a number of audits that an SEO consultant can conduct on your site. Here a few important types of audits and strategies that you should be familiar with:
- SEO Content Audit – This type of audit can include improvement, pruning, and other recommendations for the content on your site in order to both improve and refine the content that search engines have indexed. This type of audit should also provide researched keywords for (at least) your top pages.
- Technical SEO Audit – This type of audit can include recommendations to fix crawl errors, optimize your robots.txt file and XML sitemap, and implement other technical SEO best practices.
- Content Marketing Strategy – This type of strategy will (at least) help to ensure that your content marketing efforts are focused on tactics that work in your industry and that they target keywords that are actually searched for by your target audience.
- An SEO consultant provides a (keyword-researched) content strategy. This ensures that your company has a plan to create the content that your target audience is searching for. A good content strategy goes beyond keyword research, however, and should include recommended content tactics that work in your industry and for your type of business (lead generation, eCommerce, publishing, etc.).
- An SEO consultant provides on-page optimization assistance. This one is very important since good on-page SEO is critical to ensuring that your website has a chance to rank well for the keywords that have been researched. Sometimes, an SEO consultant may actually do the on-page SEO for your business. The approach to implementation will depend on your staff’s bandwidth, your comfort level with providing administrative access to your website for your SEO consultant, etc.
- An SEO consultant identifies link building opportunities. Be careful with this one, since the wrong types of links can put you at risk of Google’s algorithm updates. Avoid SEO consultants who guarantee a certain number of links per month, focus too much on anchor text and discuss directory links too much. A good SEO consultant will help to identify some topically-related websites and blogs that link to competitors, but not your website. A good SEO consultant will also help to identify contributor (guest posting) opportunities on topically-related, industry-leading websites where you can build your brand by providing expert and insightful content. Find more link building strategies that SEO consultants can help you with.
- An SEO consultant helps to ensure you have proper analytics in place. Most companies already have Google Analytics installed, but not every website has Google Search Console and/or Bing Webmaster Tools set up. Furthermore, paid SEO tools such as Moz Pro, SEMRush and others can provide additional reporting metrics that help both you and your SEO consultant ensure that you’re keeping tabs on traffic, errors, acquired links, keyword rankings and specific opportunities to further optimize existing pages on your website.
- An SEO consultant reports on specific metrics that help to measure the results of their efforts. Most companies are initially concerned with rankings for specific keywords, but a good SEO consultant will focus on the bigger picture. Overall organic search traffic and lead/revenue growth are the key metrics to measure. You want to see initial signs that these metrics are growing in a three to six-month window (maybe a little longer) after you’ve begun implementing the SEO consultant’s recommendations on a consistent basis. Don’t expect a hockey-stick type of growth. Initial growth will likely be small, but over time it will grow cumulatively. SEO is a long-term endeavor.
Ranking up on search engines is a result of either paid advertisement or search engine optimization. SEO consultation services will help increase your reach without paid advertisements and will help you with organic traffic. Organic traffic is the traffic that comes to your website because of your reputation, content and authority. The better and well-managed your site is, more is the inflow of traffic.
E-commerce SEO consultants will help you build your website’s authority and will help you make the search engines believe that your website is valuable to the internet and is something that people are willing to see and explore. The best SEO consultant will mainly focus on organic traffic, as ninety four percent of organic search results get clicks compared to six percent of paid advertisement. While large firms tell their clients to use Ad words or other PPC advertising methods, this is not the best SEO guidance, because SEO mainly deals in getting your website free organic traffic.
While there are a lot of SEO consultation services out there, one must have a clear idea how to choose the best SEO consultant because SEO can help you and your business to grow multiple times if used properly.
Firstly your SEO consultant must have a clear idea on how to choose the correct keywords for your website because keywords play an important role in SEO and the correct keywords can draw huge traffic to your website. Many SEO firms provide you with content and others work on the already existing content. So, you must know beforehand if your consultant will help you with the content or not.
Your consultant must have an eye on your competitor sites and must analyze which companies are performing well and why.
The best consultants do not provide you with a quick fix because SEO is not a one time thing. Your E-commerce SEO consultant should not just add meta tags without adjusting the content and adding external inbound links as search engines like Google do not care about meta tags.
Last but not the least your consultant must not use hidden links or texts to boost the keyword density or link relevancy because doing this might result search engines marking your site as spam.
SEO is a wonderful tool and choosing the best SEO consultant is the most important task to help grow your reach and boost your business.
Source by Neha Agarwal
- seo consulting definition
- what is seo consulting work
- seo consultant near me
- seo agencies singapore
- best seo consultant
- seo services
- seo consulting salary
- wordpress seo consultant